This recipe is of one of the easiest cakes in the world, does not require a lot of ingredients, does not take a lot of time and is super easy to make, people order this cake all the time because they think that they won’t be able to bake it properly but there is no such thing, you can easily bake a ginger cake at home.
- fresh ginger (four ounces)
- molasses (Mild, one cup full)
- sugar (one cup full)
- vegetable oil (one cup full, i would suggest peanut one)
- flour (Two and a half cup)
- ground cinnamon (one small spoon)
- Ground cloves (half a small spoon)
- black pepper (half a small spoon)
- water (one cup full)
- baking soda (two small spoons)
- Eggs ( two, medium-sized)
- Take the rack and place it in the center of your oven, after placing the rack turn the oven on and heat it to about three hundred and fifty degrees, now line a cake pan (preferably round one) using parchment paper
- Take a knife, a ginger and chop the ginger using the knife, first of all, you need to peel the ginger then slice it once done with the slicing chop it, take a bowl and transfer the chopped ginger to it and add oil, sugar, and molasses, after adding these ingredients to the bowl which has the chopped ginger mix them well, now take a medium-sized bowl and in that bowl sift together cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, and flour.
- Take a saucepan, place it on your stove, turn your stove on, set the level of heat at medium and then add water to the water, bring it to boil and once the water starts boiling add baking soda, keep the stove on for another sixty seconds and then turn it off, transfer the water to the mixture that we made in the last step, after adding the hot water add ginger
- Now add the dry ingredients to your batter and after adding whisk, leave the mixture alone for a few seconds and then break eggs in the bowl and after breaking the egg into the batter mix the batter well.
- Now you need to pour the prepared batter into your cake pan and once done pouring bake for about an hour ( you will get to know it’s ready at the top of your cake you spring right back when you would insert a toothpick into its center if it does not then you will have to cover it with a piece of foil and after covering you will have to bake the cake again)
- Once done baking, let the cake cool down and for this, you will have to keep it aside for about thirty to forty minutes, after thirty-forty minutes take a knife and run it around your cake’s edge, after this remove your delicious cake from your pan and after removing from your pan peel the sheet off
- Do not forget to show us some love, all your suggestions are most welcome in the comment section below